HRC Gateway is the Health Research Council of New Zealand's portal for funding applications, current research contracts' reporting, and peer reviews from invited experts.
Announcements & updates
New equitable cancer outcomes for NZers RFP released
By HRC Team - 18 Feb, 2021
The HRC, Te Aho o Te Kahu – the Cancer Control Agency, and the Ministry of Health are pleased to announce the opening of funding applications for high-quality research that will drive equitable cancer outcomes for New Zealanders.
Research proposals are invited that address one or more of the following equity-centred cancer research priorities:
- Lung cancer screening
- Clinical lung cancer research
- Innovative approaches to delivering cancer care
- Patient experience across the cancer journey for Māori and Pacific peoples.
Check out the Request for Proposals for all the information, including application forms and guidelines.
Registrations close on 24 March 2021 (1pm) and full applications close on 21 April 2021 (1pm).
Launch of 2021 health delivery funding opportunities
By HRC Team - 2 Feb, 2021
We are pleased to announce that our 2021 Health Delivery Research Investment Round will launch on 9 February 2021 with the following funding opportunities:
- Health Delivery Research Activation Grant (up to $30,000 to enable researchers or research providers to get ready for research by establishing health delivery research needs before applying for larger-scale funding)
The Health Sector Research Collaboration Grant will continue to provide protected funding opportunities for the health sector and will be developed and launched later for both:
- Māori and Pacific health providers
- District health boards (via Activation Grant and Career Development Award opportunities only).
Keep an eye on HRC Update and HRC Gateway for further details. We will ensure that you have sufficient time to apply.
Key anticipated changes in the 2021 round:
When the 2021 round launches on 9 February, you will notice the following key changes:
- Two rounds of the Research Activation Grant and the Research Career Development Award
- Introduction of an Expression of Interest stage to the Research Project Grant
- Māori Health Advancement criterion increased to be equally weighted at 20 per cent.
There will be some smaller adjustments to some of the application requirements for the different grant types – these will be highlighted when the forms and guidelines are released.
Open now: e-ASIA Joint Research Program
By HRC Team - 28 Jan, 2021
Registrations and applications are now open for the e-ASIA Joint Research Program, which initiates and supports multilateral joint research programmes in the East Asian region. The Health Research Council has $400,000 over three years available for one research project in the field of infectious diseases or cancer as part of this initiative. Registrations close 23 March 2021 (1pm), with the closing date for full applications on 30 March 2021 (1pm).