In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and challenges faced by all health delivery research stakeholders, changes have been made to the 2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round. For the Health Delivery Research Activation Grant, this has resulted in this grant being offered via two separate opportunities - Research Activation Grant 1 and Research Activation Grant 2. More details are available below.
The Health Delivery Research Activation Grant provides support to enable established or prospective researchers and/or research providers to establish health delivery research evidence needs or research opportunities before applying for further health delivery funding. These grants are designed to incentivise readying and planning for research where resourcing to get started is not otherwise available.
The research activation activity must be connected to a specific health delivery research idea, and applicants must describe the activity and identify the intended outcome of the activation activity as progressing to further health delivery research.
Applicants will need to identify the research activation activity as aligning with at least one of the following:
- Relationship development
- Priority setting
- Literature review
- Skill/capacity building
- Other (specify).
Due to current challenges faced by many stakeholders, this grant is now being offered via two separate opportunities with different closing dates.
- Research Activation Grant 1 will run as planned with registrations due by 1pm, Wednesday 8 April, full applications by 1pm, Wednesday 22 April, and funding announcements to be made in September.
- Research Activation Grant 2 is now available with registrations due by 1pm, Wednesday 24 June, full applications by 1pm, Wednesday 22 July, and funding announcements to be made in October.
Note: There is a limit of one grant application per Activation Lead (first named investigator) i.e. an Activation Lead can only submit one application to either Research Activation Grant 1 or 2. An application cannot be submitted to Research Activation Grant 2 that is substantially the same as an application submitted to Research Activation Grant 1.
Acknowledging the immense pressure and responsibility on health providers at this time due to COVID-19, we encourage researchers from other backgrounds who are able to apply to Research Activation Grant 1 to do so.
- A maximum of $30,000 is available for each grant.
- The requested costs need to be clearly justified and reflect the activation activity proposed.
The eligibility criteria for the Health Delivery Research Activation Grant are set out in section 2 of the 2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines.
The application process involves completing and submitting:
- An initial registration (involves completing some key information about the application directly via HRC Gateway).
- The remainder of the application using the 2020 Health Delivery Research Activation Grant Application Form. This form must be downloaded and completed by applicants before being uploaded to HRC Gateway as a PDF file. The complete application (including the information entered directly into HRC Gateway) will be generated by HRC Gateway for downloading and printing. Please note: some additional information (the ANZSRC codes and keywords and is only used for HRC evaluation purposes) will be required to be entered in Gateway prior to submission of the application form.
Got a question?
If you've read through the documents below and the 'How to apply for HRC funding' section under 'Helpful links' and still have a question about the Health Delivery Research Activation Grant, please email Luke Garland, Research Investment Manager, or phone Luke on 09 303 5214.
Please note that in light of the impact of COVID-19 on the health sector in New Zealand, application closing dates now differ to those listed in the Application Guidelines.
2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines
12 Dec, 2019 11:44am - 3MB
2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Q and A
12 Dec, 2019 12:56pm - 379KB
2020 Health Delivery Research Activation Grant Application Form
12 Dec, 2019 12:38pm - 815KB