All details about this funding opportunity (including the application and assessment processes) are available in the 2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines document (available below). Please note that in light of the impact of COVID-19 on the health sector in New Zealand, application closing dates now differ to those listed in the Application Guidelines.
The Health Delivery Research Career Development Award is a career development opportunity with a funded placement in a health delivery research team or health sector setting. It is designed as an alternative pathway into health delivery research aimed at attracting more people with relevant skills into this discipline.
Specifically, this grant provides development opportunities for health professionals (clinical or non-clinical) and academic health researchers with five years’ cumulative experience in a health sector or health delivery research setting, to undertake a funded placement (part-time or full-time) in a health delivery research team, health care or health delivery policy setting. The placement will involve the applicant leading or contributing to a research project or research related activity.
- The value of the salary/stipend will be based on the applicant’s qualifications and research experience and will be confirmed in the contracting process. This will be pro-rata where FTE is less than 1.
- The levels of salary associated costs (e.g. ACC levies, employer’s contribution to superannuation) will be set by the host organisation.
- There are no additional overhead costs associated with the Health Delivery Research Career Development Award; however, $20,000 (pro rata based on FTE and duration) will be made available for the host for specific expenses related to the placement.
The eligibility criteria for the Health Delivery Research Career Development Award are set out in section 8 of the 2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines.
The application process involves completing and submitting:
- An initial registration (involves completing some key information about the application directly via HRC Gateway).
- The remainder of the application using the 2020 Health Delivery Research Career Development Award Application Form. This form must be downloaded and completed by applicants before being uploaded to HRC Gateway as a PDF file. The complete application (including the information entered directly into HRC Gateway) will be generated by HRC Gateway for downloading and printing. Please note some additional information will be required to be entered in HRC Gateway prior to submission of the application form.
Got a question?
If you've read through the documents below and the 'How to apply for HRC funding' section under 'Helpful links' and still have a question about the Health Delivery Research Career Development Award, please email Luke Garland, Research Investment Manager, or phone Luke on 09 303 5214.
2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines
12 Dec, 2019 11:44am - 3MB
2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Q and A
12 Dec, 2019 12:56pm - 379KB