All details about this funding opportunity (including the application and assessment processes) are available in the 2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines document (available below). Please note that in light of the impact of COVID-19 on the health sector in New Zealand, application closing dates now differ to those listed in the Application Guidelines.
The Health Delivery Research Project Grant provides support for health delivery research of varying values and durations.
The research must be connected to health delivery at a practice, policy or system-level. At a minimum, this requires having Named Investigators based in healthcare delivery settings with involvement to shape the research need, undertake the research, and identify translational potential.
Applicants will need to identify their research as primarily aligning with one of the following categories, noting that there could be overlap between the categories, depending on the scope of the research:
- Health technologies
- Health services
- Health economics
- Social science
- Clinical (later stages)
- Implementation science
- Other health delivery category (specify).
Descriptions of these categories are set out in Part A of the 2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines.
- The HRC expects to fund a range of grant values and durations up to a maximum term of 5 years and a maximum value of $1.4 million.
- Funding requests will be pro rata by months – the maximum amount available per full year is $466,666.
- The HRC encourages applicants to consider the most suitable budget and timeframe for their research.
- Requested budgets need to be justified and reflect the activities being proposed.
The eligibility criteria for the Health Delivery Research Project Grant are set out in section 5 of the 2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines.
- The application process involves completing and submitting:
- An initial registration involving completing some key information about the application directly via HRC Gateway.
- The remainder of the application using the 2020 Health Delivery Research Project Grant Application Form and the 2020 Health Delivery Research Project Grant Budget. These forms must be downloaded and completed by applicants before being uploaded to HRC Gateway as a PDF file. The complete application (including the information entered directly into HRC Gateway) will be generated by HRC Gateway for downloading and printing. Please note some additional information will be required to be entered in Gateway prior to submission of the application form.
Got a question?
If you've read through the documents below and the 'How to apply for HRC funding' section under 'Helpful links' and still have a question about the Health Delivery Research Project Grant, please email Luke Garland, Research Investment Manager, or phone Luke on 09 303 5214.
2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines
12 Dec, 2019 11:44am - 3MB
2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Q and A
12 Dec, 2019 12:56pm - 379KB