All details about this funding opportunity (including the application and assessment processes) are available in the 2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines document (available below).
The Health Sector Research Collaboration Grant is a negotiated funding opportunity focused on upskilling and empowering health care or health service delivery organisations to engage in health delivery research in health delivery settings and ensuring that this research adequately responds to health sector, patient and community needs.
The Health Sector Research Collaboration Grant pilot seeks to test this new way of procuring health delivery research with District Health Boards (DHBs) first, with a view to expanding to other health providers, including primary care and community, and Māori and Pacific providers, in the future.
- Any combination up to a maximum of the following:
- research activation activity/ies to the equivalent value of three Health Delivery Research Activation Grants ($90,000),and
- research activity to the equivalent value of one Health Delivery Research Project Grant ($1.4million), and
- career development to the equivalent value of 2 FTE of Health Delivery Research Career Development Awards.
- The HRC encourages applicants to consider the most suitable budget and timeframe for their application.
- Requested budgets need to be clearly justified and reflect the activities being proposed
The eligibility criteria for the Health Sector Research Collaboration Grant (pilot) are set out in section 11 of the 2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines.
Overall application process
Application stage one – DHBs apply to participate in the Health Delivery Research Collaboration Grant pilot, by way of submitting a research profile. DHBs must first email Luke Garland (firstname.lastname@example.org), Research Investment Manager, to indicate interest and to request a research profile form.
Application stage two – Selected DHBs submit applications to undertake the research activities identified in their research profile.
2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Application Guidelines
12 Dec, 2019 11:44am - 3MB
2020 Health Delivery Research Investment Round Q and A
12 Dec, 2019 12:56pm - 379KB