The Health Delivery Research Activation Grant provides support to enable established or prospective researchers and/or research providers to establish health delivery research evidence needs or research opportunities, or develop research capacity, before applying for further health delivery funding. These grants are designed to incentivise readying and planning for research where resourcing to get started is not otherwise available.
The research activation activity must be connected to a specific health delivery research idea and be within scope of the 2021 Health Delivery Research Investment Signal. Applicants must also describe the activity and identify the intended outcome of the activation activity as progressing to further health delivery research.
- A maximum of $30,000 is available for each grant.
- The requested costs need to be clearly justified and reflect the activation activity proposed.
- There is a limit of one grant application per applicant per Health Delivery Research Activation Grant round. See Section 1.6 of the application guidelines document for further details.
- The maximum value of this grant is $30,000 for a maximum term of 12 months (i.e., the research activation activity is to be completed within 12 months of the contract start date).
Note: Host organisations are responsible for ensuring that Aotearoa New Zealand is the principal domicile and principal place of employment for the First Named Investigator. By submitting an application, the host is satisfied that this criterion has been met.
The application process involves completing and submitting:
- An initial registration (which involves completing some key information about the application directly via HRC Gateway).
- The remainder of the application using the 2021 Health Delivery Research Activation Grant Application Form. This form must be downloaded and completed by applicants before being uploaded to HRC Gateway as a PDF file. The complete application (including the information entered directly into HRC Gateway) will be generated by HRC Gateway. Please note: some additional information (the ANZSRC codes and keywords, which are only used for HRC evaluation purposes) will be required to be entered in Gateway prior to submission of the application form.
- Applications assessed as eligible that are not funded can automatically proceed to the fundable pool of applications in the subsequent Research Activation Grant round, up to once per application.
Got a question?
If you've read through the documents below and the 'How to apply for HRC funding' section under 'Helpful links' and still have a question about the Health Delivery Research Activation Grant, please email Luke Garland, Research Investment Manager, or phone Luke on 09 303 5214.
2021 Health Delivery Research Activation Grant - Application Guidelines
12 Feb, 2021 11:31am - 638KB
2021 Health Delivery Research Investment Signal
4 Feb, 2021 12:27pm - 749KB